Take A Break From Your Stress
We all get stressed out! Premier Medical Group offers you ways to cope with it.
According to the American Psychological Association, chronic stress can result in serious health conditions including anxiety, insomnia, muscle pain, high blood pressure and a weakened immune system. Research shows that stress can contribute to the development of major illnesses, such as heart disease, depression and obesity.
Here are some ways to relieve some of that stress:
- Take a break.
• That work project or the mounting credit card bills still have to be paid, but 20 minutes to take care of yourself is helpful.
• Exercise benefits your mind as well as your body. 20 minutes of walking, running, or even dancing can help relieve some stress.
• When people are stressed, they hold it in their face, so smile and laugh to relieve stress.
• Call a friend or send an email. Watch a cat video. Anything to bring a smile to your face.
• Meditation helps the mind and body to relax and focus. Meditating even briefly can reap immediate benefits.
Here are some stress-busting activities from Heart.org
- Make art – draw, paint or play a musical instrument
- Do some scrapbooking
- Read a book
- Work on a hobby like sewing or knitting
- Pet your dog (or anyone’s dog)
- Listen to music
- Take a walk in the park
- Work in your garden (or someone’s garden)
- Doing things you enjoy is a natural way to relieve stress and find your happy place.
The main thing is to stay healthy! When was the last time you had a physical? If you’re overdue, contact Premier Medical Group today to schedule an appointment with a member of our care team. We’ll help you improve your overall health. It’s all a part of Full Circle Care.