Comprehensive Women’s Health
The Obstetricians and Gynecologists (OB/GYNs) at Premier Medical Group attend to every phase in a woman’s life. By staying on top of the latest research, techniques and treatments, our team is committed to providing high quality, up-to-date OB/GYN care to women from adolescence through post menopause.
We are dedicated to providing you state-of-the-art compassionate care. Our obstetrical care team understands that having a baby is one of the most memorable and important experiences for a woman. We do all we can to ensure that your pregnancy experience is safe, healthy, and happy from conception to post-partum care.
Prenatal Care and Delivery
Our OB/GYNs deliver babies at Tennova Healthcare – Clarksville. A Premier OB/GYN is on call 24/7, so a physician with our group is always available to welcome a new baby into the world.
Our clinic offers a room for nursing mothers with babies up to two months old.
The Gynecology side of our specialty focuses on women’s health outside of pregnancy and childbirth. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that a young woman have her first general physical exam with a gynecologist between the ages of 13 and 15 and begin annual pelvic exams at age 21. The ACOG also recommends a baseline mammogram at age 40 and every year after.
Our OB/GYNs are also specially trained in minimally-invasive surgery. This allows women to have access to expertise in the least invasive approaches for treatment of common gynecologic conditions.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Annual gynecological exams
- Pelvic and breast exams
- Mammography referral
- Testing and counseling for sexually transmitted diseases
- Birth control and family planning
- Pre- and post-menopausal education
- Treatment for urinary incontinence
- Minimally invasive GYN surgery
Some specific procedures include:
- Intrauterine and sub-dermal contraceptive devices
- Endometrial biopsies
- Hysteroscopies, in office or surgery center
- Bartholin Cyst care
- Endometrial ablation
- Tubal ligation
- Cesarean sections
- Pessary Fittings
- Vulvar biopsies
- Hysterectomy – total laparoscopic, total abdominal or laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
Helpful Resources from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Mothers may bring their newborns to their postpartum visits.
- Small children and school-aged children can be carriers of common communicable illnesses that easily can be passed to pregnant women and may be more harmful to them. Therefore, we respectfully request that you do not bring children older than 2 months of age to your appointments.
Thank you for understanding and following our guidelines.
490 Dunlop Lane, Building 2
Hours of Operation