Updated March 17, 2023
As part of our ongoing commitment to provide #FullCircleCare, Premier Medical Group continues to monitor the latest developments surrounding COVID-19. The health and safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority. We consider CDC recommendations, community infection, hospitalization rates, and other best practices as we form our group’s protocols.
We ask our patients, visitors, and staff to take the following precautions on the Premier campus, which includes our clinics, provider offices, imaging center, laboratory, and business offices:
- Patients, visitors and staff are welcome to wear a mask if they choose to do so based on their health or personal preferences.
- Please wear a mask in our facilities if you are displaying any respiratory symptoms or signs of illness.
- Mask and hand sanitizer are available at the building entrances and throughout our campus for patients and staff to use at any time.
- We continue to exercise proper cleaning and sanitizing measures in all areas.
COVID SYMPTOMS + TESTS
We continue to provide COVID tests. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please call our office at 931-245-7000 in advance of entering our buildings so that we can provide the appropriate care and a separate, safe waiting area. We also provide virtual visits for meeting with your provider from a computer, smartphone, or tablet. Appointments can be scheduled at PremierMed.com/clinics.
We offer COVID-19 vaccinations to our established patients as young as 6 months old. First and second booster shots also are available to established patients who are eligible. PMG patients may get vaccines during their scheduled doctor appointments or through our Premier Today same-day clinics.
VISITING OUR OFFICES
We ask that you follow these guidelines during your visit for the safety of our patients and staff:
- MASKS – Masks are provided but are optional. Masks are requested for anyone over 3 years of age who is experiencing respiratory symptoms of cough, sneezing, or nasal (head) congestion.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – Maintain proper social distancing of about six feet between yourself and other people whenever possible to avoid unnecessary exposure.
- ADDITIONAL VISITORS – To avoid possible transmission, we ask that you limit the number of people accompanying you to your visit to one child, partner, or support person. When possible, we ask that they limit their time inside by waiting outside the facility when feasible.
- HAND HYGIENE – We have hand sanitizer available at the entrances and multiple locations throughout our campus. When possible, it is best to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. You should wash your hands after touching any item or surface that may be frequently touched by other people and before touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Symptoms of Coronavirus
- Similarities and Differences Between Flu and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Insurance Coverage FAQs
- TN Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- COVID Case & Community Support Hotline: 615-770-6940
- Montgomery County COVID Risk
- Montgomery County COVID Transmission Levels
*NOTE: Premier’s COVID protocols are subject to change at any time based on CDC guidance and fluctuating community levels. As changes occur, we will continue to post updates at our facility entrances, in patient areas, and online at PremierMed.com/COVID.