The Great American Smokeout
Sponsored by the American Cancer Society
and backed by Premier Medical Group
Every year, on the third Thursday of November, smokers across the nation take part in the American Cancer Society Great American Smokeout event.
Encourage someone you know to use the date to make a plan to quit, or plan in advance and then quit smoking that day.
By quitting – even for 1 day – smokers will be taking an important step toward a healthier life and reducing their cancer risk.
Kicking the tobacco habit offers some rewards that you’ll notice right away and some that will show up over time.
Right away you’ll save the money you spent on tobacco! And here are just a few other benefits you may notice:
- Food tastes better.
- Your sense of smell returns to normal.
- Your breath, hair, and clothes smell better.
- Your teeth and fingernails stop yellowing.
- Ordinary activities leave you less out of breath (for example, climbing stairs or light housework).
- You can be in smoke-free buildings without having to go outside to smoke.
Quitting also helps stop the damaging effects of tobacco on how you look, including premature wrinkling of your skin, gum disease, and tooth loss.
Here at PMG, we encourage you to make a plan to quit smoking, and we can help! Contact us today to make your appointment for #FullCircleCare. Here is wishing you the best as you knock out smoking for the new year!