The Holidays Mean Lots of Food! Gobble Up!
BUT… Premier Medical Groups wants you to eat smart, so you’re not stuffed like a turkey.
With the holidays upon us, it’s time to think about all that food that is coming our way. The American Heart Association has some tips for celebrating the season without overdoing it.
- Keep portions in check.
- Use a smaller plate when possible, so a small serving looks like more.
- Bring a dish.
- Offer to bring a lighter option, so you’ll have at least one healthy option.
- Watch what you eat.
- Avoid loading up on foods that are fried, buttered or have lots of cheese or cream.
- Look for fruit veggies and dip, whole grains and baked or grilled items.
- Eat before you go.
- Have a healthy, high-protein, high-fiber meal or snack before you go out to an event. If you’re not hungry, it will be easier to avoid overeating.
- Go slow.
- If you drink alcohol, drink plenty of water between drinks. You’ll be less likely to overindulge.
- Treat yourself.
- Enjoy some of the indulgences of the season without overdoing it. Try bite-sized tastes or split desserts.
- Balance is the key.
If dinner is going to be a feast, opt for a lighter lunch that day.
- Eat smart at holiday events.
- If you’re a guest, eat a healthy snack before you go.
- If you’re the host, challenge yourself to offer some delicious healthy options from recipes and cooking tips found at https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living
Premier Medical Group hopes you have a happy and healthy holiday season.
At Premier Medical Group, we’ll help you improve your overall health. It is all a part of “Full Circle Care.” Contact us today.