Springtime Means Allergy Time!
Premier Medical Group wants you to get some relief from spring allergies. It’s all a part of “Full Circle Care”.
It seems to be taking a long time, but Spring is coming, and with it comes allergies. 35 million people in the U.S. deal with seasonal allergies.
The most common ones result from:
- Grass pollen
- Tree pollen
- Mold spores
- Dust mites
- Stuffy/runny nose
- Itchy/watery eyes
Here are some ideas for allergy prevention:
- Slip on some shades. Shield your eyes and lashes from allergies by wearing your sunglasses. Doing so can keep out itchy allergens.
- Shower on peak allergy days. Pollen will find its way onto your skin, so hop in the shower after you’ve been outdoors to reduce indoor allergens.
- Let steam provide some relief. Place a towel over your head, and position your face over a steaming bowl of water to thin your mucus and help you breathe better.
- Wash bedding, clothing and pets often. No matter how much you allergy-proof your home, allergens are tracked in on pets, shoes and guests.
- Lay off the hairspray. Hairsprays, gels and mousses create a perfect stick environment for pollen to latch onto.
- Use the air you have. If your air conditioner has a recycle switch, use it. Recycling air already in your home keeps from adding allergens to your space.
- Push off plans until evening. Trees tend to pollinate during the morning, so plan exercise and outdoor activities in the evening when pollen counts are lower.
- Wear a surgical mask. Covering your nose and mouth while working outside will prevent grass pollen from sticking to nose hairs.
Our main priority at Premier Medical Group is to help keep our Clarksville community healthy. It’s all part of PMG #FullCircleCare. Contact us today if you need to schedule your annual wellness visit or if you are looking for a new provider.