Oh No! It’s Time for the Dreaded Resolutions!
Premier Medical Groups wants you to get on track with making and keeping resolutions
It’s no joke that some of us can’t keep our New Year’s resolution past February! But with a little determination and planning, this might be the year that it happens. Here are a few tips:
- Be realistic
- Don’t make goals that are unattainable.
- Plan ahead
- Don’t make your resolution on January 1. Make your plan well in advance.
- Outline your plan
- Decide how you will deal with skipping the gym or eating that extra piece of cake. Remind yourself of your goal and how this can affect it.
- Make a “pros” and “cons” list.
- It may be helpful to see a list on paper to keep you motivated.
- Talk about it.
- Don’t keep it a secret. Tell family and friends who will support you in your effort to change. Find a “resolution buddy”.
- Reward yourself.
- That doesn’t mean eating a whole box of chocolates, especially if your goal is dieting. If it is dieting, you can reward yourself with new clothes.
- Don’t beat yourself up.
- Don’t obsess about slipping every once in a while. Take it one day at a time.
- Stick to it.
- Experts say it takes about 21 days for a new activity to become a habit and six months for it to become part of your personality. It won’t happen overnight, so be patient and persistent.
- Keep trying.
- If you start to fail around mid-February, don’t despair. Start over and recommit yourself for 24 hours. You can do anything for 24 hours.
Premier Medical Group wishes you good luck! Have a happy and healthy new year!
At Premier Medical Group, we’ll help you improve your overall health. It is all a part of “Full Circle Care.” Contact us today.