- Family Medicine
- AAFP (American Academy of Family Practice)
- ASCCP (American Society of Cervical and Colonoscopy Pathology)
- STFM (Society of Teachers Family Medicine)
What inspires you to do your job?
I love developing relationships with patients where education changes how they care for themselves. As a team, we work together for prevention of disease and developing healthy living. This starts at birth and continues through the twilight years.
Preventative medicine from birth for all ages and genders and women’s health.
I love sports – watching baseball, football, and hockey. At this point, I am limited to fishing, golf, and bowling. I am a musician also. I play euphonium and tuba. My French bulldogs are like children to me. I love to read and cross stitch.
After training, I returned home to take care of my community for 14 years. None of my family remained there so I moved to TN to be near mine and my spouse’s family. I have my father and two fantastic grandsons that I will enjoy watching grow up.
- Physician of the Year 2010
- Homer High School Athletic Hall of Fame 2014
- Robert Wood Johnson Award – Army ROTC Advanced Camp 1989