Co-pay patient collections
– If you have a co-payment responsibility per your insurance contract, you are required to pay that amount in full before services are rendered.
– Many plans have different co-pay amounts based on the type of care you are receiving (i.e. Primary Care vs Specialty). Please be sure to check with your insurance company to verify these amounts before coming to your appointment.
Patients with a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
– If you have a high deductible that is unmet to date, you are required to make a deposit toward the day’s visit. Our policy requires a $100 deposit for Primary Care and Walk-In services and a $150 deposit for Specialty services.
Self-Pay patient collections
– If you are a self-pay patient without insurance coverage, you are required to make a $100 deposit for Primary Care or Walk-In services and a $150 deposit for Specialty services. This is due at time of service, and a discount will be given for eligible services.
Patients with insurance coverage who elect to be self-pay
– Payment in full must be made at time of service for any services rendered. A discount will be given for eligible services.
– Any services (present or future) related to the chief complaint of the visit such as lab or imaging services both at Premier and those that may be referred to other providers will be self-pay responsibility as well.
– This option is not available to any patient that has an insurance plan with an assigned Primary Care Physician (i.e. TennCare, Medicaid, Tricare Prime, HMO/EPO plans, etc.) due to contract regulations with these plans.
Primary Care Physician (PCP) assignment
– If your insurance plan requires the assignment of a PCP, a Premier physician must be your assigned provider at time of service in order for you to be seen for Primary Care or Walk-In services.