Comprehensive Women’s Health
The Obstetricians and Gynecologists (OB/GYNs) at Premier Medical Group attend to every phase in a woman’s life. By staying on top of the latest research, techniques and treatments, our team is committed to providing high quality, up-to-date OB/GYN care to women from adolescence through post menopause.
Obstetrics focuses on pregnancy and childbirth. Prenatal care is very important both for mom and her developing baby. During pregnancy, a patient is seen on average of every four weeks through 32 weeks’ gestation. At 32 weeks, appointments are scheduled for every two weeks up until the 36th week, when mom comes in to visit with us weekly.
On these visits, the expectant mom will be weighed and measured. The Physician will also talk through any concerns or issues that a patient may have and will give her an exam and check for baby’s heartbeat. Prenatal screenings like blood tests are available as needed. PMG also offers in-office ultrasound imaging studies.
The team at Premier Medical Group is also well-qualified to care for some high-risk pregnancies and deliveries.
Prenatal Care and Delivery
Our OB/GYNs deliver babies at Tennova Healthcare – Clarksville. A Premier OB/GYN is on call 24/7, so a physician with our group is always available to welcome a new baby into the world.
Our clinic offers a room for nursing mothers with babies up to two months old.
The Gynecology side of our specialty focuses on women’s health outside of pregnancy and childbirth. Services we offer include:
- Annual gynecological exams
- Pelvic and breast exams
- Mammography referral
- Testing and counseling for sexually transmitted diseases
- Birth control and family planning
- Pre- and post-menopausal education
- Treatment for urinary incontinence
- Minimally invasive GYN surgery
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recommends that a young woman have her first general physical exam with a gynecologist between the ages of 13 and 15 and begin annual pelvic exams at age 21. The ACOG also recommends a baseline mammogram at age 40 and every year after that.
Our OB/GYNs are also specially trained in minimally-invasive surgery. This allows women to have access to expertise in the least invasive approaches for treatment of common gynecologic conditions.
Some specific procedures include:
- Intrauterine and sub-dermal contraceptive devices
- Endometrial biopsies
- Hysteroscopies, in office or surgery center
- Bartholin Cyst care
- Endometrial ablation
- Tubal ligation
- Cesarean sections
- Pessary Fittings
- Vulvar biopsies
- Hysterectomy – total laparoscopic, total abdominal or laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
Helpful Resources from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Helpful Resources from the American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Thank you for understanding and following these guidelines:
- Please do not bring children older than two months to your appointments.
- Small children and school aged children can be carriers of common communicable illnesses that easily can be passed to pregnant women and may be more harmful to them.
- Mothers may bring their newborns to their postpartum visits.
- Please do not bring food or beverages into our waiting room or clinic areas.
490 Dunlop Lane, Building 2
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm