Occupational & Travel Medicine
Our approach is simple: keep the work force healthy and safe by offering a wide range of medical services that work together for the benefit of the employees and your company.
Improve the worker’s quality of life and your company’s bottom line.
A Full Service Provider Premier Medical Group’s Occupational & Travel Medicine division offers a complete range of services designed to help your company control employee health care costs.
These services include:
- Health Examinations
- Drug and Alcohol Screening
- Medical Review Officer Services
- Workers’ Compensation Illness and Injury Care
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Assessment
- Employee Health & Wellness Programs
- Pulmonary Function Studies
- Employment Immunizations
- Nerve Conduction Screens
- Biological Monitoring.
- Wound Care – outside referrals accepted
Our facility offers a Board Certified Physician on site at all times, on site lab and imaging services and extended hours for evening and weekend care.
Drug & Alcohol Testing
Our Occupational Medicine Department offers:
- DOT and Non-DOT urine drug screens
- Breath alcohol testing
- Pre-employment, random and post accident services
- Collection only services
- 49 CFR trained technicians
- Certified MRO Services
- Randomization services provided
- Drug Screens available. Collection facility for many reference labs.5 Panel – 9 Panel
- Hair collection
- Shipping services available. Courier for lab service Fed Ex
- Onsite storage for supplies available
We offer a wide variety of physical exams:
- Return to Duty – any focus or testing available
- OSHA Regulatory – including pulmonary, hearing and vision testing
- Department of Transportation
- Flight Physical – conducted by a Senior Aviation Medical Examiner using FAA Standards.
- Independent Medical Examination – provided by an ABIME certified practitioner
- Medical Surveillance
- Respirator Clearance
Skin and wound management is a specialized area that focuses on overall skin care in addition to promotion of an optimal wound healing environment which encompasses prevention, therapeutic interventions and rehabilitative efforts. Evaluation includes the identification, assessment, management, prevention and ongoing care of patients with vascular, arterial or diabetic ulcers as well as skin conditions resulting from incontinence, surgical procedures and/or trauma.
Immigration physicals are offered at Premier. Our examinations are conducted by an USCIS Federal Civil Surgeon as outlined by the I-693 guidelines. We provide all the required testing and immunizations per the Department of Homeland Security and Immigration Services for those individuals seeking adjustment of status. Please have an interpreter, shot records, and any medical information for each person requesting an examination. Picture ID required.
Premier Medical Group’s Occupational & Travel division offers the most comprehensive service in our area for safe worldwide travel. Our Travel Medicine staff will provide the international traveler with all the necessary and recommended vaccinations and certificates for travel to any country in the world. Vaccinations are provided for routine and most specialty immunizations at the time of service including yellow fever. Prescription for malaria prophylaxis is also provided. We are a certified yellow fever center and keep most immunizations in stock to minimize trips to the clinic. Group appointments are welcome.
Consultation for safe travel is also an important part of our service. We provide consultation to individuals and groups or area agencies, health care providers and employers regarding pre and post travel issues. We offer travelers important advice on how to avoid potential health problems unique to specific destinations. Travel Medicine also provides advice for obtaining and using products to treat minor illnesses, such as motion sickness and traveler’s diarrhea. We also advise travelers on other important products to use for safe travel such as insect repellents, mosquito nets, and sting aid.
Most appointments can be scheduled within 48 hours.
Optimal vaccination time is at least 4 weeks prior to travel. However, if necessary, last minute travel advice and care is available. International certificate of vaccination is provided as needed for each traveler.
To learn more about our Occupational & Travel Medicine Physician, click here.
Occupational & Travel Medicine Address:
490 Dunlop Lane
Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm