Caring for your body’s largest organ – the skin!
Dermatology focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions and diseases. At PMG, our Dermatology team cares for both children and adults.
Some common reasons many patients
make an appointment with us include:
• Moles and skin changes
Our Premier team also performs patch allergy testing on both children and adults to determine if skin issues are the result of allergic reactions.
One of the major issues treated by dermatologists is skin cancer. We provide skin cancer screenings and encourage patients to seek medical treatment any time a new mole appears or existing moles change or start to bleed. A good way to evaluate a mole is with the Skin Cancer Foundation’s ABCDE model.
Visit your physician if you notice any of the following:
- Asymmetry. – If you were to draw a line through the center of your mole, it should match.
- Borders. – Borders should be smooth and normal (edges should not be unclear or raised).
- Color. – Mole color should be consistent throughout.
- Diameter. – Normal moles are usually smaller than a pencil eraser.
- Evolving. – If a mole changes in any way – size, shape, color or if it starts to bleed or itch.
Some skin cancers can be removed in our office. To learn more about our dermatologist, click here.
490 Dunlop Lane Clarksville
Hours of Operation:
8am – 5pm