Looking For Ways To Be Happy?
Premier shares 5 tips to improve overall happiness thru a healthier lifestyle.
Most people only think about their health in regard to weight; however, your overall health could be being compromised by a bigger issue: your attitude. It’s proven that a person’s’ overall health is correlated with their happiness or unhappiness. When someone is experiencing depression, anxiety or just keeping a generally bad attitude, they are at a higher risk for diseases such as heart disease and dementia. Our thoughts and emotions carry more weight on our overall health than most would think. Depression, diabetes, stroke, and addiction all are products of a poor outlook on life.
Here are 5 ways to help you improve your overall happiness, which could lead to a healthier lifestyle:
- Recognize and say what you are grateful for
- Show gratitude by thanking someone (write a note!)
- Practice breathing techniques
- Take 2 minutes to do nothing or to process your thoughts and write them down
- Call a friend or family member to chat
These are not the only ways to achieve a happier, healthy lifestyle, but they can serve as a start for you. Being in a good mood can also motivate you to become more active. Yoga is a great way to practice meditation, while also being on the move.
How to protect yourself from diseases linked to a bad attitude:
- Getting enough rest
- Having a balanced diet
- Hiking is a great way to stay active, while also keeping your spirits up
- Get outdoors! Nature is a great way to calm down and unwind from stress
Remember, joining a gym is not the only way to improve your health. Find something that works for you, that you enjoy. Having a positive attitude can help motivate you to be more active, which will make you feel good about yourself!