COVID-19 Spike Updates, August 23, 2021
Walk-In Clinic Hours
Weekdays 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturdays 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Sundays 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
UPDATED: August 23, 2021
We are experiencing ever-increasing volume for COVID-19 testing as well as a rise in positive cases. These increases are causing longer wait times in our Walk-In Clinics and are impacting our ability to answer calls and respond to patient portal inquiries as timely as we would like. We ask for your patience as we assign resources to our most pressing issues.
At this time, we are not testing asymptomatic patients for COVID, nor are we administering a third dose or booster COVID-19 vaccine. If you believe you qualify for a third dose or booster, please contact the local health department. Patients who have questions related to their specific situation should contact their PCP through the patient portal. We will respond as soon as possible.
We continue to limit visitors to only those essential to the patient visit. Masks are worn by all staff and patients (two and older), and we encourage patients to bring their own.
Vaccination remains the number one defense in the pandemic fight. PMG patients 18 and older may use our Walk-In Clinic to receive their vaccination.
We are making every effort possible to meet the needs of our patients during this time.
UPDATED: August 3, 2021
Due to the continued spike in COVID-19 cases in our community, Premier Medical Group now reverts to limiting visitors with patients to only those who are essential or necessary to the visit. Our staff remains masked and we require all patients and their essential visitors to wear masks (except for children younger than two years, or others who may be at risk in wearing a mask). Patients are encouraged to bring and wear their own masks.
In addition, we strongly urge those who have not yet been vaccinated against the Coronavirus to take the vaccine as soon as possible. Vaccination remains the best defense against the pandemic. PMG patients 18 and older may use our Walk-In Clinic to receive their vaccination. Click here to find a convenient vaccination location near you.
COVID SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Screening – All employees and patients are screened before entering clinics. Sample collection for COVID-19 is done only for those who meet the criteria recommended by the CDC.
- Masking – All employees and patients are required to wear masks (except for children younger than two years, or others who may be at risk in wearing a mask). Patients are encouraged to bring and wear their own masks.
- Social Distancing – All staff and patients must respect social distancing guidelines.
- Essential Visitors – Patients may bring essential visitors with them to appointments.
- Cleaning – We are disinfecting and sanitizing throughout the day in all clinic areas.
WAYS TO RECEIVE CARE
- In-person appointments are available and new patients are welcome.
- Virtual Visits are appropriate substitutes for some types of in-office visits.
- Our Patient Portal is the best way to communicate with your physician and team. Log in or create an account here.
- Follow your provider’s prescribed regimen to control chronic diseases such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease.
- Don’t ignore your health concerns. Prolonging care could put you at greater risk.
- See your provider for regularly scheduled visits and take medications as prescribed.
Please note the CDC’s updated symptoms of Coronavirus.
Coronavirus Self-Checker (interactive)
What to do if you are sick.
Continue to practice good hygiene practices.